Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grilled Portabellos


Grilled portabellos! Better than steak (at least to me)!
This is a fast and easy main dish that I made up from reading a bunch of recipes online.

**Choose nice not wilted portobello caps
**Scrape gills and center out using a spoon
**Gently wash the portobello
**Drizzle with olive oil, tiny bit balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper
**Grill on medium high for about 7 minutes per side. Watch to make sure they do not burn. I haven't tried it but I am sure you cook these on an indoor grill pan or in the oven.

Top with with hummus (white bean pesto hummus is great- recipe to come) and roasted red pepper tapenade (on the stem side and a luscious green side salad, Mediterranean style is tasty, tasty (various olives, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, sliced pepperoncini peppers, etc.)

buon appetito!

1 comment:

cheyney webb said...

I know for a fact that these are amazingly delicious! Thanks for making them for me.